ABS-CBN Corporation capped off 2014 as the most watched TV network across urban and rural households in the country, and ultimately, attracting more viewers in the highly contested primetime block (6PM to 12MN).
Kantar Media’s data for the full year of 2014 showed that ABS-CBN garnered a total day (6AM to 12MN) average national audience share of 44%, or ten points higher than GMA’s 34%. ABS-CBN, meanwhile, remained supreme in the primetime block as it hit an average audience share of 49%.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has only 1,980 homes based solely in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.
The Kapamilya network also won the early afternoon (12NN to 3PM) and late afternoon blocks (3PM to 6PM) with 42% average audience share on both time blocks.
ABS-CBN programmes also captured all the slots on the list of the top 20 most watched programmes in the country last year, with the Twitter-trending singing reality show The Voice Kids leading the pack with an average national TV rating of 34.5%.
TV Patrol, which was in 11th place, remained as the country’s number one TV newscast with an average national TV rating of 27%, while its rival 24 Oras was in 35th place with 15.6%.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 40 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020