ABS-CBN Corporation capped off 2014 as the most watched TV network across urban and rural households in the country, and ultimately, attracting more viewers in the highly contested primetime block (6PM to 12MN).
Kantar Media’s data for the full year of 2014 showed that ABS-CBN garnered a total day (6AM to 12MN) average national audience share of 44%, or ten points higher than GMA’s 34%. ABS-CBN, meanwhile, remained supreme in the primetime block as it hit an average audience share of 49%.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has only 1,980 homes based solely in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.
The Kapamilya network also won the early afternoon (12NN to 3PM) and late afternoon blocks (3PM to 6PM) with 42% average audience share on both time blocks.
ABS-CBN programmes also captured all the slots on the list of the top 20 most watched programmes in the country last year, with the Twitter-trending singing reality show The Voice Kids leading the pack with an average national TV rating of 34.5%.
TV Patrol, which was in 11th place, remained as the country’s number one TV newscast with an average national TV rating of 27%, while its rival 24 Oras was in 35th place with 15.6%.
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 99 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 64 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020