Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore 2014 open with strong line-up
Singapore – The Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF) and ScreenSingapore 2014, Asia’s leading combined television and film event, was officially opened yesterday morning by Lawrence Wong, Second Minister for Communications and Information, Singapore.
Held from 10 to 12 December at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre, this year marks the 15th edition of ATF and 4th edition of ScreenSingapore. A pre-market conference was held the day prior on 9 December. Under the umbrella of the inaugural Singapore Media Festival (SMF), this year’s edition of the integrated television and film content market will also leverage the synergies from two other complementary events – Asian Television Awards and Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) – to offer an expanded suite of activities. A record high of close to 5,000 attendees from 60 countries are expected at this year’s ATF and ScreenSingapore.
Michelle Lim, Managing Director, Reed Exhibitions said, “Asia is moving towards a golden age of entertainment content. An integrated market like ATF and ScreenSingapore, which showcases television and film content on an integrated market floor, provides a platform for exposure, collaboration opportunities, networking and trade. Already a mainstay for the global entertainment content industry, this annual event will no doubt continue to drive and elevate Asian content and innovation in the region and beyond.”
Championing Asian content and innovation ATF and ScreenSingapore earlier unveiled an exciting line-up of industry luminaries including keynote speakers James Zhonglei Wang, President of Huayi Brothers Media Corporation, and Ma Dong, Chief Content Officer of Baidu’s IQIYI. Their sessions during the pre-market conference on 9 December provided attendees with much-needed insight into the massive Chinese entertainment and media market. Alon Shtruzman, CEO of Israel’s Keshet International also shared about his company’s expansion strategy to tap into the potential of Asia’s growing entertainment market.
The line-up of speakers also include Jon Landau, the award-winning Hollywood producer whose slate of films includes the blockbuster hits Titanic and Avatar, William Simpson, renowned comic, TV and movie storyboard artist who is behind the famed Game of Thrones HBO Series, and Tom Beattie, the man behind the second Mr Bean animated series.
This year will also see the return of MIPACADEMY and Animation Lab, following their successful inaugural run in 2013. The two initiatives were conceptualised to create opportunities for collaboration as well as provide fresh perspectives through best practices and case studies.
At MIPACADEMY, attendees will benefit from master classes on all aspects of the value chain from content creation to distribution, which are led by industry experts including Kim Tae-Ho, producer of popular long-running Korean variety TV show Infinite Challenge and YouTube sensation comedy duo, Andrew and David Fung.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 263 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 77 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021