Ariane 5 has been successfully launched from Kourou, French Guiana, for the 63rd time in a row, once again confirming the reliability of the European launcher developed and built by Airbus Defence and Space.
The required performance for this, the 221st Ariane flight – for which Arianespace conducted the launch operations – was to transport 10,210 kg into geostationary transfer orbit, with the two satellites weighing a total of 9,480 kg. The remaining mass was for the SYLDA dual launch system and the satellite integration hardware.
“The 63rd successful launch in a row confirms the outstanding industrial capabilities of the teams at Airbus Defence and Space, the prime contractor for the Ariane programme since 2003,” said François Auque, Head of Space Systems. “We would like to thank Arianespace for their success in commercialising the launches and operating the range of European launcher systems at the Guiana Space Centre, as well as our trusted and dependable industrial and institutional partners for our joint success for more than 10 years.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 238 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020