The Rumpus Room created a real-time, social mobile activation for Lewis Hamilton’s build up to his F1 World Championship win in Abu Dhabi. Through a ground-breaking, socially driven mobile web app, Lewis’ 7 million+ fans were invited (#TeamLH) to capture their experiences in realtime.
The footage was instantly submitted; allowing for creation and release of an emotive, global #TeamLHmovie hours after the race. The app enabled responsive video challenges; reacting to real time events during the whole race weekend – directing fans to tell the story. The final race film was a moving, never seen before portrait of a global fanbase experiencing an epic moment in history together. It gained over a Million views in under 14 hours on Facebook alone, and has been featured in top national media outlets.
From Thursday, films were created daily using fan’s videos to show the build up, Qualifying and most importantly the Championship deciding race – all from the fan’s point of view. The film series was supported by streams of bite-size social content, including a series of daily Instagram video teasers, and fan-focused images and quotes. An ‘always on’ social strategy was deployed across four fanbase channels, supporting and maintaining authenticity across Lewis’ own channels. Social outreach was also undertaken as a continuation of a wider social strategy around ‘#TeamLH’, ensuring key fans and influencers were involved as co-creators and ambassadors of the project.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020