Accra, Paris – Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext Paris: ETL) announced that it has sealed a ten-year contract with Crystal TV, Ghana’s commercial broadcaster, for capacity connected to the African service area of the EUTELSAT 16A satellite. The capacity enables Crystal TV to benefit from countrywide coverage of Ghana for its digital platform of pay-TV and free-to-air channels.
Access to EUTELSAT 16A transforms Crystal TV into a nationwide provider of digital broadcast services. The company’s current subscription-free premium television content, including its branded channels – Crystal TV Prime, Crystal TV Plus and Crystal TV Xtra – has until now been limited to terrestrial reception in Ghana’s main urban areas in Accra, the Ashanti Region and parts of the country’s Eastern and Central regions.
Crystal TV has selected the high-power Sub-Saharan African footprint of the EUTELSAT 16A satellite to extend access to homes beyond range of terrestrial reception. Channels uplinked by Crystal TV to EUTELSAT 16A are available to DTH homes equipped with a digital decoder and an access card for pay-TV content.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020