Austin, Texas – Three years ago, Michael Woodford ignited a firestorm at Olympus Corp. when he exposed one of the Asia-Pacific region’s financial scandals in history.
After Woodford demanded answers to financial discrepancies at Olympus, the Japanese company’s first Western-born CEO was quickly fired for what the board of directors called a “management culture clash.” Just a month later, however, Olympus officials publicly admitted to the U.S. FBI and UK Serious Fraud Office to having paid fraudulent advisory fees in a decade-long cover-up valuing $1.7 billion.
Woodford will tell his story and reflect on the current state of corruption and fraud in business in his keynote address at the ACFE Asia-Pacific Fraud Conference, 16-18 November in Hong Kong. Hundreds of anti-fraud professionals will gather at the InterContinental Hong Kong for the region’s largest training and networking event of its kind.
Presented by leading fraud experts, conference sessions will focus on issues such as bribery and corruption, data analytics, international investigations, legal concerns in China and industry best practices.
Other featured speakers at the conference include:
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 69 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 60 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 57 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020