Hong Kong – Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific today signed a volume deal with Korea’s leading broadcaster, MBC, locking in content for Oh!K, a new general entertainment channel.
Ricky Ow, President of Turner Asia Pacific, said, “Oh!K combines the best in content with Turner’s proven history in curating some of the most successful channels in Asia Pacific. We are thrilled to partner with MBC in creating what I’m sure will be an iconic brand for Southeast Asia, and we are looking forward to introducing it to the region in the coming months.”
Oh!K will have first pick of MBC content, including first-runs and exclusives soon after their initial transmission debut in Korea, with some shows airing within a week. The broadcaster has a proven track record of top-rating productions (such as the epic royal court series Jewel in the Palace) that has dominated the market over the past five decades.
MBC produces 1,400 hours of quality content each year distributed in more than 100 countries. Current shows include drama series Diary of a Night Watchman, You Are My Destiny, Triangle and the long-running variety show, Infinite Challenge, and reality show Dad, Where Are We Going?.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 133 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021