London – Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights has sold factual entertainment series Liberty of London to a number of international broadcasters ahead of the launch of a brand new series at MIPCOM. The reality show, set in the eclectic and vibrant department store Liberty in London’s West End, has been picked up by NRK Norway, Viasat Sweden, TV2 Denmark, VPRO Netherlands, Foxtel Australia and BBCWW in New Zealand. Series two has already been pre-sold to NRK and Foxtel.
Now with a total of 7 x 60’ episodes, Liberty of London is produced by Rize USA for Channel 4. Dominating the skyline of central London’s historic Carnaby Street, Liberty is one of the world’s last great emporiums of fashion, beauty and unique goods. Run by Ed Burstell, a sparky, charismatic rule-breaker from NYC, along with his right-hand woman, Kate Brindley who heads up Press and Marketing, they manage a tightly knit team of self-confessed eccentrics.
In this behind-the-scenes documentary series, we meet the retail team as they gear up for the store’s busiest time of year. We follow the buying team as they continue to source exclusive and cutting-edge products from all over the world and get a sneak peek at Liberty’s customers who range from VIPs down to the once-a-year visitors to the scarf hall.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,058 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020