Los Angeles, California – CBS Studios International and French broadcaster TF1 announced a licensing deal for the exclusive first window, free-to-air broadcast rights to CSI: CYBER. The new cyber-crime drama is the latest spinoff of the highly successful global television franchise CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION.
Since 2001, TF1 has been the home of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION in France, where it has grown to become a flagship series on the TF1 schedule. Internationally, the franchise has been licensed to more than 200 markets, and is one of the most-watched shows in the world.
“TF1 has been a valuable partner to us over the years, making a significant contribution to the global success of the CSI franchise,” said Armando Nuñez, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Global Distribution Group said. “So it’s only natural that TF1’s schedule is the perfect home for CSI: CYBER, giving its audiences more of the drama and excitement they expect from this hit franchise.”
“The CSI franchise is a French audience favourite on TF1, with huge ratings,” said Fabrice Bailly, TF1 Head of Programming. “We are excited by the latest spinoff CSI: CYBER from our partner CBS Studios International and Jerry Bruckheimer Television. The cast and crew from the new show are amazing and it promises to be a lot of fun.”
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020