Sydney – BBC Global News Ltd is extending their local coverage in Australia by launching a dedicated Australian news service on BBC.com from 21 October and producing a series of programmes called Australia Direct to air on BBC World News throughout the period of the G20 Summit.
The homepages for BBC.com and BBC News, that have been redesigned to include a new layout and video player, will be specially curated for an Australian audience, ensuring the most relevant content is prioritised across the site.
The enhanced coverage will focus on news that affects Australia on a global scale, while offering in-depth features and reports on selected local news stories. Tapping into the BBC’s extensive network of world correspondents, BBC.com will put national stories into an international context.
In addition to news, untold Australian stories on a range of topics will be commissioned for the BBC.com verticals: Future, Culture, Autos, Capital and Travel, as well as the newly launched BBC Earth.
Content from the Australian section will be accessible on BBC.com across desktop and mobile platforms, and via the BBC News app for iPhone and Android.
BBC News has appointed Wendy Frew as Australia Editor, Online. Frew is a former SMH journalist and Chief of Staff and her remit will be to drive the news agenda of the day and work with our global correspondents and growing team of freelancers on news features and analysis. She will be joined by another journalist who together will work with the BBC’s Sydney correspondent Jon Donnison, and regular contributors Phil Mercer and Katie Beck.
Chris Davies, Director of Sales and Marketing, BBC Global News Limited, said, “Australia is a priority market for us and with this local market investment together with our large network of international journalists, we are uniquely placed to offer readers stories they don’t normally hear from local media, giving them the full picture on news that affects them.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020