Hasselt, Belgium — Zappware announced important updates to its end-to-end platform for DVB, IPTV, OTT and hybrid networks.
Zappware’s platform provides an intuitive and consistent user interface across all networks and devices, combined with a powerful service management system to fully monetize all TV services.
New service management system
Built on top of a new content management system, the platform’s service management system now provides operators with a straightforward tool to manage content, create business rules, manage subscribers, create marketing campaigns and analyze user behavior.
The following features have recently been added to the Zappware platform:
- Using the new social TV feature, operators can let their users connect around TV by providing them the opportunity to share new discoveries on Facebook and Twitter at the click of a button. Zappware also provides a complete Facebook App on set-top boxes.
- In order to further monetize their services, operators can now send messages directly to subscribers and create promotion screens on all devices. Also, feature licenses can be created to sell additional features as a separate product.
- The Zappware platform now allows for cloud recording (network PVR) on all second screen devices.
- With remote control, mobile users can take full control of their TV screen.
- A variety of personalization improvements have been made. The platform offers a uniform search across all devices. Users can create playlists or favorite lists of events, assets and channels. Users of iOS and Android mobile devices can now be reminded of upcoming TV programs through the devices’ notification center.
- Furthermore, shortened startup times on mobile devices and improved UI animations have boosted the overall user experience.
These developments add to Zappware’s existing platform features such as time-shifted viewing (TSV), local & cloud recording, restart TV, catch-up TV and video on-demand (VOD).
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020