Splash Entertainment announces new feature film division
Los Angeles, California – On the first day of the Toronto International Film Festival, Splash Entertainment announced they have expanded and created a new feature film division within the company. Its first project is the animated feature film Norm of the North. Lionsgate, the leading global entertainment company, has been signed to distribute the film throughout North America. International sales are being handled by Good Universe. Nicolas Atlan and Mike Young, Co-CEO’s of Splash Entertainment, made the announcement today. Atlan and Young, along with Splash Entertainment’s Liz Young and Steve Rosen, are set to serve as producers for Norm of the North, slated to be released theatrically in early 2016.
With the films development announced in 2010, and now in production with an all new deal and creative team in place, Norm of the North follows the exploits of Norm, a fun-loving polar bear, and his three ragtag lemming pals in their bid to save their Arctic home. Traveling to New York City they take on the big apple, big business, and a big identity crisis in an effort to save the day from a maniacal land developer. Norm of the North will star the voices of Rob Schneider (Saturday Night Live, Deuce Bigelow) as Norm, Heather Graham (The Hangover, Californication) as Vera, Ken Jeong (Community, The Hangover) as Mr. Green, and Loretta Devine (Crash, Grey’s Anatomy) as Tamecia.
“Since the rebranding of our company into Splash Entertainment we’ve achieved tremendous growth with Kabillion, Kabillion You tube, new TV animated shows, direct to DVD movies and features films in various stages of production and development,” commented Atlan. “The creation of this new feature film division was the next logical step for our company. We are all very excited to be working on this wonderful Norm of The North movie, and with a great partner such as Lionsgate who has proven success in the North America theatrical space.”
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 176 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 41 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020