Splash Entertainment announces new feature film division
Los Angeles, California – On the first day of the Toronto International Film Festival, Splash Entertainment announced they have expanded and created a new feature film division within the company. Its first project is the animated feature film Norm of the North. Lionsgate, the leading global entertainment company, has been signed to distribute the film throughout North America. International sales are being handled by Good Universe. Nicolas Atlan and Mike Young, Co-CEO’s of Splash Entertainment, made the announcement today. Atlan and Young, along with Splash Entertainment’s Liz Young and Steve Rosen, are set to serve as producers for Norm of the North, slated to be released theatrically in early 2016.
With the films development announced in 2010, and now in production with an all new deal and creative team in place, Norm of the North follows the exploits of Norm, a fun-loving polar bear, and his three ragtag lemming pals in their bid to save their Arctic home. Traveling to New York City they take on the big apple, big business, and a big identity crisis in an effort to save the day from a maniacal land developer. Norm of the North will star the voices of Rob Schneider (Saturday Night Live, Deuce Bigelow) as Norm, Heather Graham (The Hangover, Californication) as Vera, Ken Jeong (Community, The Hangover) as Mr. Green, and Loretta Devine (Crash, Grey’s Anatomy) as Tamecia.
“Since the rebranding of our company into Splash Entertainment we’ve achieved tremendous growth with Kabillion, Kabillion You tube, new TV animated shows, direct to DVD movies and features films in various stages of production and development,” commented Atlan. “The creation of this new feature film division was the next logical step for our company. We are all very excited to be working on this wonderful Norm of The North movie, and with a great partner such as Lionsgate who has proven success in the North America theatrical space.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 44 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020