Endemol announced that the UK arm of its global premium channel network (PCN), Endemol Beyond, is set to launch Legends of Gaming, an international eSports channel fronted by top YouTube gamer Ali A.
Endemol has also partnered with Upper Street Events, the company behind 17 market leading shows including Gadget Show Live; for Legends of Gaming LIVE, a four day videogames expo that will be held September 3 – 6, 2015, at London’s historic Alexandra Palace.
The Legends of Gaming channel will be released later in September, featuring both up-and-coming and established YouTube stars as they battle it out in a nationwide tournament to find the ultimate gamer.
Building on Endemol’s worldwide reputation for creating hit formats with international appeal, the groundbreaking channel will stand apart from other eSports competitions by spanning all gaming genres to create an even playing field that will maximise the potential for upsets, excitement and laughs.
Adding yet more entertainment, the roster of ‘Legends’ will take on the role of their superhero alter-egos, each one crafted and shaped by the gamers to encapsulate their ethos and play on their online personas. This means elaborate, homemade outfits, cheesy catchphrases, comic book graphics and Spandex…lots of Spandex.
At the helm of the team of Legends is YouTube gaming star, Ali A, who has more than 5.5 million subscribers and over 1 billion views to his two YouTube channels, whilst averaging 100,000 new subscribers and 11 million views per week on his main channel alone.
Ali A will take on the role of host of Legends of Gaming from its launch at the end of the month. As well as providing expert commentary on games as they’re played out, he will be tasked with compiling highlight reels, countdowns, and news-and-review pieces that will live alongside the competition content.
With the initial ‘Next Generation’ tournament for up-and-coming gamers set to run from September to December, the beginning of next year will mark the beginning of the ‘Elite’ tournament, starring the household names of the platform.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 50 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020