Univision Communications Inc. announces two new appointments
New York – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) announced on August 7 two key appointments to its executive team. Kevin Cuddihy has been named president of Local Media and Jessica Rodriguez was appointed chief marketing officer, effective immediately. Both Cuddihy and Rodriguez will be based in New York and report to Randy Falco, president and chief executive officer of UCI.
Cuddihy will oversee a combined 130 television and radio stations with responsibility for local sales, content, digital, operations and community relations. Rodriguez will oversee all UCI marketing functions, including the Univision Agency, a group that oversees a media inventory of more than $500 million across all of Univision’s broadcast, cable, radio and digital properties, and is responsible for all cross-channel promotions as well as research and creative services for clients and internal divisions.
“For the past three years Univision Communications has transformed from what many considered a niche network to a leading multiplatform powerhouse focused exclusively on serving Hispanic America and Kevin and Jessica have played a key role in this transformation,” said Falco. “They all share the passion and commitment to the community we serve and to our Company, which coupled with their understanding of the rapidly changing media environment, our audience, partners and clients, made them the ideal candidates to lead our local media and marketing efforts respectively. As the industry changes with clients looking for one-stop solutions, Kevin’s extensive local television sales experience combined with his deep knowledge of Univision’s local markets and priorities for our clients, make him the right person for this role, which will better align and deliver on the power of local Radio, Television and Digital, thereby increasing our ability to deliver results for our audience and clients.”
Falco continued, “Jessica’s creativity, innovative energy and strategic vision will be invaluable to Univision as we continue to integrate our marketing across all of our divisions. As the media landscape continues to rapidly evolve, so too, does the marketing, and this role is a significant step in our efforts to stay at the forefront, build cohesive campaigns, further strengthen and broaden the Univision brand and better serve our rapidly growing and diverse audience as well as our partners as clients.”
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 40 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 38 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 37 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 36 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020