Globo telenovelas reach the Philippines for the first time
In a recent agreement with Globo, ABS-CBN – the free-to-air TV channel in the Philippines – with national coverage, has just licensed the moving telenovela The Life We Lead. This is the first time that one of the Brazilian broadcaster’s telenovelas has had the opportunity to show its quality and capacity to enrapture audiences in the country. The show tells the story of Ana (Fernanda Vasconcellos, Pages of Life), a promising tennis player who has the support of her sister and best friend, Manuela (Marjorie Estiano, Two Faces). After a tragic accident, Ana falls into a coma and upon waking, has to recover the life which had carried on in her absence and which she no longer recognises as her own. The telenovela will be shown in a version dubbed in Tagalog (the local language), and its debut is planned for August 25.
The Life We Lead has already proven its potential to captivate audiences around the world: the telenovela has been licensed to more than 71 countries and has had excellent audiences where it is shown. In Uruguay (Teledoce), Costa Rica (Teletica) and Ecuador (Ecuavisa) it was leader in its timeslot. Europe has also showcased the production. In Portugal, on Globo’s basic channel, available through operator NOS, The Life We Lead was one of the most watched programmes on cable in the country.
Filmed in HD, with careful photography and beautiful scenes in Brazil and Argentina, The Life We Lead attained 24 rating points and a 52% share in Brazil (source: Ibope), as it showed how the sisters deal with the tragedy and find paths that lead to happiness.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020