Fuji TV to commence internet-based distribution for “Mysterious Summer”
Beijing, China – Fuji Television, the largest commercial Japanese TV station, announced on August 8 to commence internet-based distribution throughout China the co-developed drama, Mysterious Summer (15 episodes), produced by Fuji TV and iQiyi. This is the first time and a very unique situation where a Japanese TV station allies itself with a Chinese distributor to co-produce an original drama series.
The deal signals Fuji TV’s creativity and predominance in drama production crossing borders, also its ability to generate additional revenue internationally in new markets and demographics.
One-of-a-kind co-production between China and Japan
Mysterious Summer is a co-production drama series between Fuji TV (Japan) director/producer, and iQiyi (China), featuring up-and-coming Chinese performers. The entire series (15 x 30’) is shot in Beijing.
Mysterious Summer is an omnibus series with a different character leading each episode, all straying into a bizarre and “mysterious world” with an unpredictable ending. The final episode features Yuki Furukawa, an extremely popular Japanese actor in China. Yuki’s feature drama Mischievous Kiss was distributed in China last spring simultaneously to its broadcast in Japan, and immediately became an online hit exceeding fifty million views total. His SNS followers count over a million in China proving his overwhelming popularity as he is frequently referred to as the “Male God” by his fans.
World Premiere in Beijing
World premiere of Mysterious Summer was held on the 6th at the Solana Saga Cinema in Beijing. The episodes received raving reviews from over a hundred journalists and 40 lucky fans who won an invite.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020