Fuji TV to commence internet-based distribution for “Mysterious Summer”
Beijing, China – Fuji Television, the largest commercial Japanese TV station, announced on August 8 to commence internet-based distribution throughout China the co-developed drama, Mysterious Summer (15 episodes), produced by Fuji TV and iQiyi. This is the first time and a very unique situation where a Japanese TV station allies itself with a Chinese distributor to co-produce an original drama series.
The deal signals Fuji TV’s creativity and predominance in drama production crossing borders, also its ability to generate additional revenue internationally in new markets and demographics.
One-of-a-kind co-production between China and Japan
Mysterious Summer is a co-production drama series between Fuji TV (Japan) director/producer, and iQiyi (China), featuring up-and-coming Chinese performers. The entire series (15 x 30’) is shot in Beijing.
Mysterious Summer is an omnibus series with a different character leading each episode, all straying into a bizarre and “mysterious world” with an unpredictable ending. The final episode features Yuki Furukawa, an extremely popular Japanese actor in China. Yuki’s feature drama Mischievous Kiss was distributed in China last spring simultaneously to its broadcast in Japan, and immediately became an online hit exceeding fifty million views total. His SNS followers count over a million in China proving his overwhelming popularity as he is frequently referred to as the “Male God” by his fans.
World Premiere in Beijing
World premiere of Mysterious Summer was held on the 6th at the Solana Saga Cinema in Beijing. The episodes received raving reviews from over a hundred journalists and 40 lucky fans who won an invite.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020