Discovery Channel launches “FTFM Singapore” project
Arjan Hoekstra, President and Managing Director, DNAP said, “As Singapore approaches a significant milestone, what better way to honour this nation than through stories and memories of her journey over the last five decades, captured through the lens and perspectives of the very people who have been at the heart of her continued success. In addition, Discovery Channel’s FTFM Singapore initiative underscores our commitment to helping foster local filmmaking talent, and providing them with a platform to realise their visions on the world stage.”
FTFM Singapore is open to all Singapore citizens and permanent residents regardless of their location. For additional details and to participate, visit www.ftfm.sg. The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2014.
The FTFM initiative represents an ongoing effort by Discovery Channel to support the documentary industry, provide opportunities for non-fiction filmmakers in the region and showcase local stories of culture and people to the world. Within the industry, FTFM has already become one of the most prestigious and reputable competitions. Since its launch in Asia-Pacific in 2000, over 30 first time filmmakers in the region have realised their dreams of bringing their ideas to life. Filmmakers from Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Germany, Netherlands, Southeast Asia, Korea, Japan and China have received recognition on the international stage and several of their films have won international awards.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,539 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 114 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020