Beijing – Beijing-based Xiaomi Inc. has selected the RealMedia Variable Bit rate (RMVB) codec from RealNetworks for Xiaomi Box Super, the company’s premier over-the-top (OTT) set-top-box, as well as Xiaomi’s Smart TV line Mi TV.
RMVB is a variable bit rate extension of the RealMedia multimedia digital container format and is one of the most popular codecs in China for real-time media streaming. Offering an excellent balance between file size and video quality, RMVB remains China’s preferred format for media content.
With its widespread installation in most media devices in China, the RMVB codec recently surpassed the one billion mark for shipments in the Chinese market. As the number of Internet users in China continues to grow exponentially, with an estimated 720 million people online by 2015, RMVB will experience even greater deployment and usage.
Xiaomi has refocused on the Chinese market with its latest releases — the Mi 3, the newest Mi-series smartphone, and Mi Pad, the company’s first tablet —as well as the new Mi Box and Mi TV. The new Mi Box which is a type of OTT Box and the line’s Xiaomi Box Super are available exclusively in China, while the Android-based Mi TV is marketed primarily in China.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020