TVGN and Banijay International enter multi-year distribution agreement
Among the highly anticipated TVGN programming included in the agreement are:
Rock This Boat: New Kids on the Block: Die-hard fans take the vacation of a lifetime when they board a cruise for a week-long party on the high seas with America’s favourite bands. The first group to headline this all-new eight-episode series franchise is New Kids on the Block (NKOTB), one of the hottest boy bands in music history with more than 80 million albums sold worldwide, countless sold out tours and record-breaking #1 hit songs. For the past five years, NKOTB has sold out its wildly popular concert cruises, and for the first time ever, cameras will follow the fun, free-spirited voyage of a few select groups of super fans at sea with the band mates of NKOTB. In addition, TVGN will air a 30-minute television special dedicated to the casting for Rock This Boat: NKOTB to showcase all the fun and fandom. Rock This Boat: NKOTB and the Rock This Boat: NKOTBcasting special are produced by Jarrett Creative Group in association with Executive Producer and NKOTB band member Donnie Wahlberg.
The Sorrentinos: This nine-episode series spotlights one of world’s biggest reality TV stars in the aftermath of fame and scrutiny. Mike “The Situation” is sober, finished with Jersey Shore, taking a serious stab at an acting career and also looking to set the record straight once and for all about who he really is. The stakes are high. Not many get a second chance for a first impression and to add to the mix, Mike’s loving but quirky family are along for the ride. The nine 30-minute episodes will follow the entire Sorrentino family—Mike (youngest brother), Linda (mother), Marc (middle brother), Melissa (sister) and Frank (oldest brother) as they embark on life after reality in their hometown of Howell, New Jersey. The Sorrentinos is produced by Jarrett Creative Group.
The Story Behind: This eight-episode series goes behind-the-scenes of TV’s greatest hits and most iconic shows and how they got their start. The Story Behind reveals stories straight from the set with exclusive on-camera interviews with all the inside players from cast members to producers to television executives. Each one-hour episode of The Story Behind will be dedicated to a different show including current fan-favourites on broadcast and cable television, as well as classic shows that have endured the test of time. The Story Behind is produced by TV Guide Productions.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020