SVT commissions local version of “Master Athletes”
London – The dynamic FremantleMedia developed format, Master Athletes (Swedish title – Athlets) has a commission from the Swedish National broadcaster SVT, announced on July 29. The 10 x 60’ entertainment reality shows sees competition and conflict as contestants endure intense fitness challenges, egos, injuries, tears and triumphs in their bid for glory. Devised by FremantleMedia North America’s Henrik Nielsen and produced by FremantleMedia Sweden, the Swedish version will launch on August 23. FremantleMedia will launch the format at the upcoming MIPCOM 2014.
Filmed in a custom designed arena, 24 amateur athletes and sports fanatics are placed in a team with a member of the opposite sex and prepare themselves for a gruelling ten-week challenge. The athletes live, eat, sleep and train together in the luxury Master Athletes Athletic Village. Relationships develop, alliances are formed and the intense battle begins. Audiences will learn about the contestants’ sporting backgrounds and watch as the athletes try to overcome the hurdles they face throughout the competition.
To win the show, the 12 teams must conquer ten disciplines: 60m Sprint, Hurdles, High Jump, Shot Put, Pole Vault, Archery, Free Climbing, 50m Freestyle Swim, 50m Crawl and Long Jump. Each episode sees the athletes tested to their fitness max as they take part in different events to qualify for the next episode. The top teams from the first two events leap to the next episode whilst the two lowest-placed teams compete in a final head-to-head duel for the last remaining qualification spot. In a dramatic twist, the winners of the second event are also given the power to tactically decide which discipline is chosen for the duel. As the competition heats up, only the strongest team can survive and claim victory as the Master Athletes.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020