ATN acquires exclusive broadcast rights for first Pro-Kabaddi League
Toronto – Asian Television Network International Limited (ATN) (TSX-SAT), Canada’s largest South Asian Broadcaster and pioneer broadcaster of Cricket, announced on July 28 that it has acquired exclusive broadcast rights for the first ever Pro-Kabaddi League to be held in India from July 26 to August 31.
The Pro-Kabaddi League (PKL) is a professional kabaddi league in India, based on the format of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The first edition of the tournament will feature eight franchises consisting of players from around the world. The eight teams will play in a caravan format, travelling together to all eight venues to play a total of 60 league matches. The top scoring four teams at the end of the group stages will play in the Semi Finals at Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru on August 29 and the Finals will be held on August 31. The eight franchise teams competing for the cup are Bengal Warriors, Bengaluru Bulls, Dubang Delhi, Jaipur Pink Panthers (owned by Bollywod Superstar Abhishek Bachchan ), Patna Pirates, Puneri Paltan, Telugu Titans & U Mumba. Each game will be shot by state of the art equipment with 12 cameras and the broadcast will also feature Ultra – motion, Overhead shots and Super slo-motion.
The league has the formal backing of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF), the Asian Kabaddi Federation (AKF) & the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI), who will be closely associated with this event. ATN will carry all 60 games LIVE on six ATN channels in two different languages. CBN & ATN Cricket Plus will air the games in English language, whereas four other ATN channels will air the games in Hindi/Punjabi.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020