On working in a male dominated society in South Korea, Sung-Joo comments, “There were not many women at this level and men were extremely uncomfortable seeing women out there. It’s very hard to penetrate that kind of not just a glass ceiling, for me it was like a concrete ceiling.”
As well as encouraging young female entrepreneurs, Sung-Joo set up her own Charitable Foundation to benefit the social wellbeing of women around the world. When discussing her foundation, Sung-Joo comments, “We want to encourage women to gain confidence, empower them economically and contribute something back to society.”
In this episode, Tania also attends the MCM Charity Gala in Hong Kong where she speaks to actress Cecilia Cheung, Cathy Lee, and the supermodel Jocelyn Luko. The programme also features comments from Prince Albert of Monaco, who talks about the importance of Sung-Joo’s philanthropic contribution.
CNBC Meets will broadcast on 7 June, 5pm (SIN/HK), with repeats on June 8 at 7pm (SIN/HK).
- iQIYI presents six new Korean titles to look forward to in April 170 views | posted on April 6, 2021
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 77 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Something Special announces new formats for Spring and MIP 50 views | posted on April 7, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System announce new co-production partnership 34 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020