Seoul, Korea – CJ E&M began airing the second season of its hit dance survival show Dancing9 June 13 on music channel Mnet. Following a successful first season in 2013, Dancing9 returns to showcase the excitement of expertly performed dance battles more beautifully and vividly than ever before. The second season also sees a 30% increase in the number of foreign applicants from the previous year, coming from 63 countries and six continents.
Broadcast on CJ E&M’s specialised music channel Mnet, Dancing9 was an immediate hit in its inaugural season as the first dance survival show in Korea. With thrilling competitions highlighting diverse genres from K-Pop to street to jazz to ballet dance, Dancing9 served to introduce the joy of dance to mainstream Korean culture. Based on the show’s popularity across Asia, the first season of Dancing9 has been sold to Dance Channel and will air in October when the channel launches in Japan.
For the second season, to even better highlight the excitement of the dance performances, Dancing9 will adopt Dartfish technology, commonly used in sports broadcasting to capture swift movements in better detail. The show will also continue to use TimeSlice technology to capture the movements of dancers from diverse angles. In a format enhancement, the second season also introduces a new category for group applicants based on the enthusiastic response to group collaboration performances during the first season. The competitions between the two teams, Red Wings and Blue Eye, will be more intense and dynamic this season by rearranging the lineup of “masters” who serve as judges and trainers for the nine contestants on each team.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020