BBC Two commissions new specialist factual series on the Animal Movers
Betty has been commissioned by Tom McDonald, acting Head of Commissioning for BBC Science and Natural History, to make a new two-part specialist factual series for BBC Two following the expert handlers entrusted with moving rare, dangerous and difficult-to-handle animals around the world.
With access to a range of specialist companies, zoos and aquariums, The Animal Movers (w/t) will explore how every creature, from giraffes to bees, has its own unique set of transportation requirements. It will feature the logistical challenges associated with moving each animal, and provide amazing insights into their unique anatomies.
Among the animals are a hippo on the move from a West Midlands safari park to a zoo in France, and 12 penguins going on a 12,000-mile plane journey from New Zealand to England in a refrigerated “penguin hotel”. Five million bees have been transported from Turin in Italy to populate apple orchards in the UK, and three large and dangerous salt-water crocodiles are making the journey from France to the Cotswolds.
The 2 x 60 series is executive produced by David Emerson for Betty and Lucinda Axelsson, Executive Editor, Factual Commissioning for the BBC. The series producer is Jamie Simpson.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 39 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020