FremantleMedia International enters LA Screenings with new programming
Additionally, Dark Matters: Twisted But True has been sold to Discovery Networks Latin America, along with a renewal of The Da Vinci Shroud.
FMI will also be utilising LA Screenings as a platform to generate new sales. Drama will be a focus with Wentworth, which follows life inside a women’s prison, as well as Dicte from leading Danish scripted production company Miso Film, which details the life of a crime reporter at a local newspaper. Drawing inspiration from the classic novel penned by Daphne du Maurier is Jamaica Inn, a coming of age story set in the 1820’s. Rounding out FMI’s drama portfolio is Schapelle, which depicts the true life events of the arrest, trial and conviction of a 27-year-old Australian woman for drug charges in Bali.
From the entertainment genre, FMI will be highlighting The Great Christmas Light Fight, a brand new competition series that follows families across America as they compete in a battle of the bulb for the best holiday light display. In addition, the judging panel of Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams will be showcased in Britain’s Got Talent.
FMI will be cooking up something completely new in lifestyle programming with Real Girl’s Kitchen, featuring Haylie Duff as she shares recipes, stories and adventures. Based on her successful website and cookbook, the show brings us right into Haylie’s kitchen.
Real Girl’s Kitchen
FMI will also examine true-life adventures by bringing several factual programmes to the market. Catching Hell will explore commercial spearfishing, The Art Of…will examine unique artistic pursuits, Ten Deadliest Snakes With Nigel Marven will uncover the most venomous and dangerous from this family of reptiles, Talk To The Animals will explore how wildlife communicate with one another, and Bigfoot Files will look to uncover DNA evidence of one of zoology’s greatest mysteries.
Rounding out the FMI portfolio is a unique new comedy. Park Bench, featuring surprise celebrity appearances and hosted by Steve Buscemi, will combine improvisation with comedic interactions.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 100 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020