MIPTV: FremantleMedia partners with Dick De Rijk
Cannes – FremantleMedia announced on April 8 an exclusive multi-year co-development deal with the creative mastermind behind a number of the world’s biggest television formats, Dick De Rijk. FremantleMedia’s Global Entertainment Development team will form a strategic partnership with De Rijk to create the next generation of globally adaptable game and entertainment formats.
Specialising in entertainment programming, De Rijk is renowned for having developed numerous global successes during his exclusive partnerships with John de Mol, Endemol and Red Arrow International. The most distributed game show ever, Deal or No Deal, was created by De Rijk and proved to be an international blockbuster (on TV and in multimedia applications) having been on air in well over 150 countries. Other successes include formats such as Set For Life, Show Me The Money and You Deserve It. With offices based in Hilversum, Netherlands, Dick is one of the few European format developers to be repeatedly successful in the U.S. (including syndication).
Rob Clark, Director of Global Entertainment Development, FremantleMedia said: “Dick is a format mastermind and I am extremely excited to be working with him. Dick is an ideas man, with a fantastic understanding of the Global TV market and you can see from the formats that he’s developed, that he thinks creatively and strategically. I hope that alongside our global network of production companies, we can together build the next Global Entertainment TV franchise.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020