MIPTV: FremantleMedia partners with Dick De Rijk
Cannes – FremantleMedia announced on April 8 an exclusive multi-year co-development deal with the creative mastermind behind a number of the world’s biggest television formats, Dick De Rijk. FremantleMedia’s Global Entertainment Development team will form a strategic partnership with De Rijk to create the next generation of globally adaptable game and entertainment formats.
Specialising in entertainment programming, De Rijk is renowned for having developed numerous global successes during his exclusive partnerships with John de Mol, Endemol and Red Arrow International. The most distributed game show ever, Deal or No Deal, was created by De Rijk and proved to be an international blockbuster (on TV and in multimedia applications) having been on air in well over 150 countries. Other successes include formats such as Set For Life, Show Me The Money and You Deserve It. With offices based in Hilversum, Netherlands, Dick is one of the few European format developers to be repeatedly successful in the U.S. (including syndication).
Rob Clark, Director of Global Entertainment Development, FremantleMedia said: “Dick is a format mastermind and I am extremely excited to be working with him. Dick is an ideas man, with a fantastic understanding of the Global TV market and you can see from the formats that he’s developed, that he thinks creatively and strategically. I hope that alongside our global network of production companies, we can together build the next Global Entertainment TV franchise.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020