David Goldberg to launch Banijay Studios North America
Cannes – Banijay Group is partnering with former Endemol North America head David Goldberg to launch Banijay Studios North America, a new entertainment company based in Los Angeles to develop original content across multiple genres for the North American market. Goldberg will serve as CEO, Banijay Studios North America; and as Banijay Group President, where he will oversee the Group’s further expansion into English language territories and Latin America. Goldberg will be based in Los Angeles and will report to Marco Bassetti, CEO, Banijay Group.
Goldberg, the long-time chairman and CEO of Endemol North America who launched and built the entertainment powerhouse Endemol USA (Big Brother, Steve Harvey, Wipeout), stepped down from his post at Endemol three months ago after more than 13 years with the company.
Banijay Studios North America will be the second Banijay production entity in the region, alongside Bunim/Murray Productions, which joined the Group in 2010. Bunim/Murray will remain autonomous from Banijay Studios North America, and continue to grow its operations in North America which already include BMP Latin, BMP Digital, and BMP Films. Jonathan Murray, Chairman of Bunim/Murray, will continue to report directly to Bassetti. Bunim/Murray spearheaded the reality television genre in 1992 with The Real World, now in its 29th season on MTV. Bunim/Murray continues to innovate with successes Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Total Divas (E!), Project Runway (Lifetime), The Challenge (MTV), and The Bad Girls Club (Oxygen).
Marco Bassetti, CEO Banijay Group commented, “We are very pleased to have David join us, and excited at the prospect of working with him and his team in the coming months as they develop new formats which we will roll out globally through our growing production capabilities. David’s expertise, persuasive powers and creative vision will be huge assets to us as we continue to increase our production presence in English speaking markets, a strategic priority for us that will continue to roll out over the coming year.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 230 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020