Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings to expand to Australia
New York – Nielsen, a global information and measurement company, announced on March 24 plans to bring its Twitter TV solutions to Australia in the second half of 2014. Nielsen’s Twitter TV solutions identify, capture and analyse conversation on Twitter in real time for every programme aired across over 250 U.S. television channels today. They are also scheduled to expand to Italy this fall. These solutions include Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings, the first-ever measure of the total activity (Tweets, Unique Authors) and reach (Impressions, Unique Audience) of TV-related conversation on Twitter, which will be produced via the exclusive, multi-year agreement that Nielsen and Twitter announced in December 2012.
“The consumer phenomenon of social TV — people connecting through social media to enhance how they watch live TV — continues as an important global trend,” said Andrew Somosi, President, Nielsen SocialGuide. “We’re excited to expand our Twitter TV solutions to Australia where the TV industry can use these insights to better understand consumer behaviour, measure engagement efforts, and refine media planning and buying efforts.”
Forty-four percent of the online population in Australia participates in social TV, according to Nielsen’s Australian Connected Consumers Report 2014, using social media to react to and share their passions about their favourite TV programmes and stars with friends, family, and other fans in real time. In the U.S. today, Nielsen’s Twitter TV solutions enable more than 90 networks, agencies, and advertisers in the U.S. to measure, understand, and act on this TV-related conversation on Twitter.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020