Tokyo – Broadcasters’ Eye is a series that offers English-language versions of outstanding programmes produced by Japan’s commercial broadcasters. The series was launched in 2010 with an aim of introducing diverse broadcasting culture of Japan to overseas through NHK WORLD TV.
Broadcast every March since then, two programmes that received domestic awards will be aired this year.
March 22: 9.10pm-10pm (JST) and other time slots
New Life Blossoms in an Old Village: Seven Years of Struggle and Hope, produced by TV Kanazawa
ï¼ŠThe 68th National Arts Festival Excellence Award in TV Documentary Program
ï¼ŠExcellence Award in the Age of Regionalism Video Festival 2013
Sugaike district in Hakui City, Ishikawa prefecture, is a marginal village inhabited only by 27 families. As the fields became deserted through aging population, the community decided to accept young people seven years ago. Hiroyuki Yago (32 years old at the time) moved from Osaka, hoping to produce organic vegetables. With little farm land he could borrow, it’s been difficult to make a living but he is sustained by affection of local residents. As number of settlers increased to three, deserted cultivated land began to restore and the tradition of the lion dance that’s been discontinued was also revived. The documentary follows seven years progress of young people and the community’s attempt to overcome depopulation. (First aired by TV Kanazawa on May 28, 2013)
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 75 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020