SingTel mio TV to broadcast Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Singapore – SingTel mio TV announced that it has acquired broadcast rights to the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Nanjing 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games and the Incheon 17th Asian Games 2014.
The pay TV provider will present the most comprehensive coverage of the Winter Olympics that Singapore has ever seen, featuring seven channels of 24-hour HD action, including a news channel.
“We are pleased to announce that we will be making the action-packed Olympic Winter Games available to our customers* at no extra charge, just as we did with the London 2012. There will also be four channels on the award-winning mio TV Go app,” said Mr Goh Seow Eng, MD of TV, SingTel.
“Interest in the Winter Olympics has gradually been on the rise, as more Singaporeans visit overseas ski resorts as well as become increasingly aware of games such curling – which is very fun to watch.”
All seven channels will run throughout the day starting with the opening ceremony on February 7, with both live and repeat telecasts of the games. Selected blue ribbon sporting events such as figure skating and snowboarding will also be made available on the ondemand channel for viewing anytime.
Of particular interest to Asian viewers will be Singapore-born violin superstar Vanessa Mae Vanakorn who will represent Thailand in skiing. Another one to watch is Korean figure skater Yuna Kim, who has broken the world record 11 times and took home a Gold medal in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games. Fans of the 1993 movie Cool Runnings will be excited to see the Jamaican bobsleigh team, who have qualified for the Olympic Winter Games for the first time in 12 years.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 60 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020