Nick to air “Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks” in 2015
Paris – Philippe Soutter, President of international brand management company PGS Entertainment, announced on February 24 that Nickelodeon will air the brand new CG-animated series ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks on more than 70 Nickelodeon channels internationally (excluding North America and Brazil). The series, created by Janice Karman, produced by Bagdasarian Productions and OuiDO! Productions, has been picked up for two seasons (104 episodes X 11 min) and will debut on Nickelodeon’s international channels in early 2015.
“Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks is a property loved by fans around the world so we’re delighted to bring this re-imagined series to a whole new generation of kids,” commented Jules Borkent, SVP, Global Acquisitions and International Programming, Nickelodeon, Viacom International Media Networks. “The new franchise will feature the fun-filled adventures of the Chipmunks and complement Nickelodeon’s existing line-up of funny, smart and entertaining kids’ content airing internationally.”
“We are working on an amazing roll out for the property and we are excited to team up with Nickelodeon as a great home for the show,” said Soutter. “Nickelodeon’s commitment for 104 episodes shows their dedication to making the show big and we are confident that the audience will be surprised and delighted with the new series. Featuring Alvin, Theodore, Simon and the Chipettes, it’s a contemporary spin on the classic that is destined to win over a new generation of fans.”
The new series will mark the return of the franchise to television after 20 years in an all new CG-animation that will offer a fresh look at the classic adventures of Alvin, Theodore, Simon and the Chipettes. In addition, each new episode will feature a new, original song produced by Bagdasarian.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 58 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 42 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asia Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020