Paris – Deb Roy (@dkroy), Chief Media Scientist, Twitter, will present a keynote address at MIPTV in Cannes on April 8.
The keynote will highlight Twitter as a force multiplier for TV viewing. Studies show that a majority of mobile and tablet users talk about what they’re watching on television with others in real time. This results in unprecedented waves of synchronous conversations about culture and events that Deb Roy calls “the social soundtrack for TV”. When viewers watch TV together with Twitter instead of time-shifting or watching alone, Twitter can increase the impact and reach of both the programme and the advertiser’s message. Deb Roy will share his views on what this means for TV networks, advertisers and creatives.
Roy is Twitter’s Chief Media Scientist, and a tenured professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He conducts research at the MIT Media Lab on language, games, and social dynamics at the intersection of artificial intelligence and cognitive psychology. In 2008 he co-founded and was the founding CEO of Bluefin Labs, a social TV analytics company, which MIT Technology Review named as one of the 50 most innovative companies of 2012. Bluefin was acquired by Twitter in 2013.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020