Los Angeles – Following a strong increase in demand for exhibition space, Basic Lead has unveiled plans to expand the current capabilities at the forthcoming 9th edition of Discop Africa. At the same time, the premier multi-platform content event in Africa announced that it will be supporting Malaria No More, a nonprofit that’s determined to end malaria deaths in Africa.
More than 300 international sellers of finished TV content, adaptation rights and branded TV channels will convene at the event which takes place November 5-7 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg — a 20% increase above last year’s figures.
“Africa is the world’s fastest growing TV and online business marketplace. We estimate the Continent to be worth half a billion dollars in revenue for the international content business, twice as much as just three years ago,” commented Patrick Zuchowicki, General Manager of Basic Lead, the organisers of Discop Africa.
In an initiative to support its outreach, Discop Africa has signed on to support the organisation Malaria No More, which was founded in 2006 by business leaders Ray Chambers and Peter Chernin. Malaria No More will exhibit and deliver a presentation at the event in Johannesburg to highlight its work to more than 2000 delegates.
- Malaysian adaptation of ABS-CBN drama is most-watched show on Astro Prima Channel in 2020 142 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Disney+ Singapore expands Star content offering, adds more R21 movies and TV series 103 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Crash landing on connected TV 97 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020