Los Angeles – Following a strong increase in demand for exhibition space, Basic Lead has unveiled plans to expand the current capabilities at the forthcoming 9th edition of Discop Africa. At the same time, the premier multi-platform content event in Africa announced that it will be supporting Malaria No More, a nonprofit that’s determined to end malaria deaths in Africa.
More than 300 international sellers of finished TV content, adaptation rights and branded TV channels will convene at the event which takes place November 5-7 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg — a 20% increase above last year’s figures.
“Africa is the world’s fastest growing TV and online business marketplace. We estimate the Continent to be worth half a billion dollars in revenue for the international content business, twice as much as just three years ago,” commented Patrick Zuchowicki, General Manager of Basic Lead, the organisers of Discop Africa.
In an initiative to support its outreach, Discop Africa has signed on to support the organisation Malaria No More, which was founded in 2006 by business leaders Ray Chambers and Peter Chernin. Malaria No More will exhibit and deliver a presentation at the event in Johannesburg to highlight its work to more than 2000 delegates.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 140 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021