â€‹Inmarsat’s Global Xpress® satellite achieves key milestone
Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L), a provider of global mobile satellite communications services, announced on February 4 that Inmarsat-5 F1, the first in its fleet of three Global Xpress® (GX) satellites, has successfully completed its orbital deployment stages on schedule. Inmarsat and Boeing engineers, working from Inmarsat’s GX teleport in Nemea, Greece, are now beginning a month of comprehensive payload testing in preparation for commencing live end-to-end testing of the high-speed, mobile broadband GX connectivity services, scheduled to start in March.
From its geostationary orbital location at 62.6 degrees East, Inmarsat-5 F1 will offer high-throughput broadband services for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. The satellite, built by manufacturing partner Boeing, features 89 beams and 6 steerable high-power spot beams, which will enable Inmarsat to dynamically increase capacity based on customer demand.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 114 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 65 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 62 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 57 views | posted on July 8, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020