Winner of “Outstanding Contribution to Asian Television” award sparked a change in Chinese television landscape
Singapore – Ming, TIAN, CEO, STAR China Media LIMITED won the coveted Outstanding Contribution to Asian TV award at the 18th Asian Television Awards held on December 5, 2013 at the Resorts World Sentosa., Singapore.
STAR China Media LIMITED and format rights owner TALPA invested in many hours and an undisclosed amount to ensure the quality of the production remains true to its original.Audio Director Jin Xiao Gang, influential music coaches and a quality live band rearranged songs and assisted in practice and rehearsals. To capture every moment of the four-month-long production, more than 1,000 hours of production material was shot on more than 15 cameras for the 90-minute episodes.
The unconventional talent-reality show has judges selecting contestants with their backs facing them -focusing on talent rather than looks.
Winner of “Outstanding Contribution to Asian Television,” Tian Ming.
With almost 19 years of media experience under his belt, Tian obtained the rights and sought government approval of The Voice format in 2011, when the Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT) started limiting the number of reality television programmes and historical dramas. He then worked closely with TALPA on the production from beginning to end, as well as managed the talents. The programme has turned into a renowned success, raising the bar of TV investment and production quality to international standards.
The talent show is based on The Voice format and premiered in 2011. With a 1.2-point increase in ratings since the first season to the second, The Voice of China stayed at the top with a 4.8-point aggregate. The format consists of three audition phases, namely the blind audition, battle phase and live performance.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 499 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 104 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 83 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021