Hong Kong – FOX International Channels (FIC), has named Francis Chang as its Senior Vice President Legal & Business Affairs and General Counsel for Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Francis joins the company today and serves as the chief legal advisor for Asia’s leading pay-TV network across the region.
As General Counsel, Francis is the most senior legal executive in the region and is responsible for all of FIC’s business and legal affairs as well as its standards and practices. This includes managing FIC’s legal team across the region and working with all levels of the organization as well as various teams to oversee business deals, negotiations, contracts and all legal matters. He is based in Hong Kong and reports to both Zubin Gandevia, FIC’s President of Asia Pacific and the Middle East, and Rita Tuzon, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of the FOX Networks Group in the US.
Francis brings with him to FIC exceptional leadership as well as legal and business expertise honed over nearly two decades of experience, with extensive knowledge in key areas such as corporate, commercial, technology, licensing and intellectual property law. His move to FIC marks a return to both Hong Kong and the television industry, having worked at STAR TV as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel from 1999 to 2005, prior to the network coming under 21st Century FOX and becoming a part of FIC Asia. Previous to his tenure at STAR TV, Francis worked at Walt Disney Television International.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 42 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020