Asia Pacific – FOX International Channels (FIC) announced that it has picked up the 5th season of popular TV series The Walking Dead, for its territories across Asia Pacific. This follows AMC’s recent announcement that they have renewed the zombie apocalypse drama series for a further season in the U.S.
Joon Lee, Executive Vice President of Content and Communications, Asia Pacific and the Middle East at FOX International Channels said, “We are very happy that we will be able to welcome the fifth season of The Walking Dead back to FIC. It has grown from a television series into a global pop culture phenomenon and it is very exciting for us to have been a part of that growth in introducing the zombie fever to Asia.”
The Walking Dead Season 4’s recent opening episode cumulatively reached 83% more viewers than Season 3’s premiere across six countries – Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Korea and Australia. The first episode of Season 4 made FOX Movies Premium the top Western Movies Channel in both Singapore and Malaysia while FOX enjoyed similar success in the Philippines as the No. 1 Western General Entertainment Channel and FX was the top subscription channel in Australia. In Taiwan, The Walking Dead became the highest-rated western television series since 2005, making STAR Movies the No. 2 pay-TV channel and in Korea, FOX became the No. 3 cable channel overall.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020