Travel Channel launches on SKYcable in the Philippines
Manila, Singapore – Scripps Networks Interactive’s Travel Channel has announced its launch on the SKYcable platform in the Philippines in a move that strengthens and expands its reach within the country where the channel launched in 2012.
“We are delighted to further expand the distribution of Travel Channel in the Philippines” said Derek Chang, Managing Director, Scripps Networks Asia Pacific. “This announcement underscores Travel Channel’s popularity amongst viewers in the country and we look forward to working with SKYcable to engage and strategically grow our audience.”
“We are thrilled to add the Travel Channel to our growing roster of channels. SKYcable is the first cable TV provider in the country to offer this HD channel, and this is something we truly take pride in. Currently, we are offering our subscribers the widest selection of SD and HD channels in the market through our various cable plans. And with the inclusion of a unique channel such as the Travel Channel, we are able to provide more viewing options for our subscribers, especially those who have specific viewing needs,” said Ray Montinola, COO of SKY Cable Corp.
This expansion follows a comprehensive Travel Channel brand refresh across all international territories earlier this year. As a part of the overhaul, the newly enhanced schedule has seen hundreds of hours of new programming added from the Scripps archive and beyond for audiences in more than 130 territories
across Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Six new programming genres have been revealed as part of the channel’s fresh new look and feel – Adventure Experience, Factual Travel, Lifestyle, Food, Luxury and Travel Passions.
Tags #Asian content #asian content news #asian entertainment news #asian media news #asian streaming apps #avod news #broadcaster news #Co-Productions #Content Distribution #content news #entertainment news #format licensing #format sales #k-drama news #media news #OTT news #pay-tv news #people and appointments #Philippines #Scripps #show distributor #show format #show genre #SKYCable #Travel Channel
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021