Cannes – At MIPCOM, NHK’s international distribution affiliate NHK Enterprises Inc. (NEP) and Thailand’s leading multimedia corporation MCOT Public Company Limited (MCOT) have signed a deal to license NHK’s science-entertainment format The New Anatomy Show,which was a big hit in Japan when it aired from 2007 to 2009 on NHK’s main channel, General TV.
The deal includes co-production of a Thai version. MCOT and NEP will develop the format for teenagers, and the one-hour Thai version will be aired weekly in primetime on MCOT’s free-to-air terrestrial channel Modernine from January 2014.
MCOT President, Dr. Anek Permvongseni said: “We’re thrilled to be able to collaborate with NHK Enterprises on The New Anatomy Show which is a high-quality edutainment programme. I am confident that the success of this programme will strengthen Modernine’s line-up for audiences, especially the teenage audience.”
NEP’s Senior Corporate Officer for International Sales, Fumio Narashima said: “I’m happy that we’re going ahead since the deal after three years of negotiations. I’m looking forward to seeing how the young audience in Thailand enjoys our programme.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 28 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- ABP Network achieves threefold growth in digital 24 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020