Indonesia’s Orange TV launches OTT services with Irdeto Rights
According to research firm Venture Consulting, consumers in Indonesia desire two things: more local and regional content, and the ability to view it anytime, anywhere. Indonesia has a large population of 242 million people and a fairly low free-to-air (FTA) TV penetration rate of 56 percent. With its new services, Orange TV is reaching into rural areas in Indonesia such as the suburban villages and the many islands across the Indonesian archipelago.
“Today’s OTT platforms and business models are evolving to meet subscriber demand for premium content, including live sports and exclusive on-demand titles, which is why Orange TV is well-positioned for success,” said Bengt Jonsson, Vice President Sales, APAC. “We are happy that Orange TV has once again selected as its long-term partner for the future, and we look forward to helping them realise the wealth of opportunities in the Indonesian pay-TV market.”
Irdeto Rights is also a key pillar of the Irdeto Multiscreen suite recently launched at IBC 2013. With Irdeto Rights, operators can achieve studio-grade protection for their OTT service in order to meet licensing requirements for top-rated premium content. They can choose to implement Irdeto’s exclusive end-to-end SKE as a cost-effective and effortlessly scalable content protection solution, or leverage Irdeto security on any of the well-known industry DRMs such as PlayReady, Adobe Access, Widevine and Marlin.
Irdeto Rights also allows full range of viewing options such as: streaming, progressive download and ‘download & go’ and is designed for optimal scalability in order to support customer’s market and operational needs for multiple simultaneous users.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 45 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020