BBC World News HD launches in Thailand and Indonesia
Singapore – BBC Worldwide has announced the launch of BBC World News HD on three platforms in Southeast Asia – TrueVisions in Thailand, and two platforms in Indonesia – First Media and Big TV. The channel is broadcast in native HD from source. Earlier this year the channel started broadcasting from the heart of the BBC Newsroom in the new High Definition studios in the BBC’s London headquarters.
In Thailand, TrueVisions made the permanent move of its BBC World News service from Standard Definition (SD) to High Definition (HD), and will be available via the platform’s TV Everywhere service when it launches next year.
In Indonesia, First Media will augment its current SD channel with the HD version, as well as offer it on its multi-screen TV Anywhere service next month. Big TV will broadcast BBC World News in both SD and HD when it officially launches on November 1, 2013.
“We are excited to be able to extend our relationship with both TrueVisions, First Media and Big TV to launch BBC World NewsHD and expand our reach and impact in these territories,” said Colin Lawrence, Distribution Director of BBC Global News Ltd. “These partnerships are an essential part of our ongoing commitment to Asian audiences to bring them the highest quality global news service. Our investment goes beyond HD however, with our new weekly business show Talking Business with Linda Yueh launching October 4th, and the revised Asia Edition of bbc.com/news debuting in the same month.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020