ATF and ScreenSingapore announce conference line-up
Singapore – Asia TV Forum & Market (ATF), Asia’s leading entertainment content market, together with ScreenSingapore, has announced four days of conference sessions, including a one-day pre-market conference on December 3, 2013.
Highlights include a panel on the booming formats community in Asia. Vivian Yin, Chief Representative & Deputy General Manager, Star China International Media Ltd (China), and Mike Beale, Director of International Formats, ITV Studios (UK) will be sharing the latest on formats news and trends.
ATF’s sister show focusing on films, ScreenSingapore 2013, will also have panels on a range of topics, including one on film financing in the burgeoning Southeast Asia region.
ATF has come up with a line-up that reflects the evolution that TV content is undergoing. This includes a session providing an overview with David McGregor, Managing Partner, Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications (TMT), Ernst & Young (Australia), a session showcasing Asia’s version of ad-supported on-demand video streaming featuring Tommy Lee, Head of Business Content Module, SK Planet (South Korea), and workshops and master classes with the best in the industry.
“We have a number of ITV Studios’ international hit formats in production in Asia. The ATF conference gives us the opportunity to discuss our entertainment and factual entertainment formats that have seen global success and can also appeal to Asian audiences”, said Beale.
With the changes in programming expected in China, Beryl Yan, Head of Programme Strategy Department, Hunan Satellite TV (China) and Summer Zheng, Director of Formats, Zhejiang Satellite TV (China) will join Shenthil Ranie, Content Acquisition Manager Entertainment, Samsung South East Asia (South Korea) and Lee Soo Hui, Head of Media Business Unit, StarHub (Singapore) to consider what the implications are. According to Yan, “Fast social development makes the Chinese market a unique one. Localisation is extremely important to a format success in China, to which the key would be the combination of international production support and Chinese wisdom in the creative process. Real cross-media formats are gaining increasing attention and Hunan TV is ready to take a first bite.”
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 67 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 59 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 48 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020