Nielsen announces mobile app chart toppers in Southeast Asia
Singapore – Facebook has topped a ranking of smartphone apps in Southeast Asia released by Nielsen. The Southeast Asia Top 10 Smartphone Apps ranking, based on Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights and covering Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, combines app penetration with average time spent per month to gauge the region’s most engaging apps.
Facebook ranked as the most engaging smartphone app in three of the four markets (Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines) and was ranked number two in Thailand behind popular Japanese messaging app LINE. Other popular apps across the region included Google Play Store, YouTube and LINE, all of which ranked in the top 10 apps across all four markets. Gaming app Candy Crush Saga appeared in the top 10 rankings in three of the four Southeast Asia markets.
Smartphone owners in Southeast Asia spend around threeâ€quarters of an hour on average per day using apps. Apps usage is most prevalent in Malaysia (66 minutes per day), followed by Thailand (46 minutes per day), the Philippines (41 minutes per day) and Indonesia (40 minutes per day).
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020