Media Prima Berhad’s gross revenue for 1st half of 2013 nears RM1b
KUALA LUMPUR – Media conglomerate Media Prima Berhad (“Media Prima” or “the Group”) recorded 12 percent growth in Profit After Tax and Minority Interest (PATAMI) compared to the corresponding period in 2012. The Group achieved a PATAMI of RM88.4 million for the first six months in 2013 despite a challenging operating environment. The Group recorded 7 percent growth in gross revenue to RM988.4 million for the first half of financial year ending 2013, compared to RM927.9 million in the corresponding period last year.
Datuk Johan Jaaffar, Chairman of Media Prima Berhad said, “Media Prima is committed to deliver value to our shareholders. Despite the challenging operating environment and increased competition, Media Prima has continued to deliver performance as reflected in our half year results. We will continue to put our customers first, providing total solution through our integrated media platforms which we believe differentiates us from our competitors”. Datuk Johan added that Media Prima is on track to achieve its financial targets for 2013.
Dato’ Amrin Awaluddin, Group Managing Director of Media Prima said, “The increase in Group’s revenue is attributed to a significant contribution by non-traditional advertisers and new market segments. All of the Group’s media platforms recorded growth in revenues for the first six months of 2013 compared to the corresponding period in 2012. Partly through cost management and optimisation of the Group’s operations, Media Prima recorded a 12 percent increase in PATAMI. These initiatives contributed to the positive 7 percent growth in our EBITDA”.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020