NBC partners with producer Mark Burnett on “The Bible” follow-up
Universal City, California – Award-winning executive producer Mark Burnett (The Voice, Celebrity Apprentice) will continue his relationship with the peacock network by bringing AD: Beyond the Bible to NBC. This is his follow-up project to this spring’s ten-part miniseries The Bible. The announcement was made by Jennifer Salke, President of NBC Entertainment, and Bob Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment. A 3-part series by Burnett previously aired on A+E’s HISTORY.
“NBC is thrilled to bring this highly-anticipated sequel to Mark and Roma’s The Bible to network television,” said Salke. “There was huge interest in this project within the television community and NBC is gratified by Mark’s confidence in our ability to partner with him and position this miniseries as true event television.”
Greenblatt added: “I followed the development process of The Bible closely with Mark and knew that the story was far from over after Christ’s Crucifixion. In fact, what happened in the aftermath – which is essentially the beginning of Christianity – is utterly fascinating. The day after The Bible premiered, I told Mark we were on board with no hesitation for the follow-up miniseries. This will be attention-getting in every way, and we’re proud to continue our association with Mark which has just grown exponentially from The Voice.”
“We are thrilled to be working with Bob, Jen and Quinn Taylor to bring the follow-up to our hit cable series The Bible to broadcast television with NBC,” said Burnett and Downey. “Our new series, AD: Beyond the Bible, is another massive project and a major commitment, but it’s a story that has to be told. It’s a story that changed the world. We look forward to making this an enormous television event on NBC.”
The Bible, which was produced by Burnett and Downey’s LightWorkers Media and starred Downey as Mary, the mother of Jesus, was the number one new cable series of 2013 and dominated both ratings and media attention this spring. In its first week of home video release, The Bible was the top-selling miniseries of all time and the number one television series on DVD and Blu-Ray in the past five years. It has just surpassed 1 million units sold in the past three months.
AD: Beyond the Bible will be executive produced by The Bible team of Roma Downey, Mark Burnett and Richard Bedser. It will be a co-production between LightWorkers Media, Hearst Productions and Universal Television.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 119 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 75 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021