According to the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU), Deputy PM Anthony Albanese has been given the communications portfolio in the Ministerial reshuffle announced by returned Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd. He replaces Stephen Conroy, who has been in charge of the country’s key communications agenda such as the national broadband network project, reform of media ownership rules as well as broadcast license fees.
Conroy resigned from the Ministry following the recent leadership challenge which saw Kevin Rudd reinstated as Australia’s Prime Minister. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd announced that Albanese will take on the Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy portfolio, in addition to his Infrastructure and Transport portfolio.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020