MediaCorp to broadcast FIFA Confederations Cup 2013
Singapore – MediaCorp has acquired exclusive rights to broadcast all matches of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2013, from 16 June to 1 July 2013. Online viewers can also watch the matches live or on catch-up via Toggle, which is free for registered members.
After the FIFA World Cup, the FIFA Confederations Cup is one of the most important men’s football competitions in the world. The 15-day event brings together some of the strongest international teams in world football, representing 12 out of 19 FIFA World Cup titles, to play in Brazil, one year ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Each world confederation (AFC, CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, OFC and UEFA) will be represented by the winner of its confederational trophy such as Japan, Nigeria, Uruguay, Mexico, Tahiti. Joining them are Italy and Spain (Italy qualified as runner up at the Euro finals and champions Spain qualified as reigning FIFA World Cup winner), as well as the host nation, Brazil. Matches will take place in six of the twelve stadia that will host the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Mr Patrick Yong, Head, Strategic Marketing, MediaCorp said, “We are very happy to offer top-notch football action free to our viewers in full HD glory in the comfort of their homes, on computers and mobile devices. As Singapore’s national broadcaster, we will continue to acquire landmark sports content for Singapore audiences.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020