MediaCorp to broadcast FIFA Confederations Cup 2013
Singapore – MediaCorp has acquired exclusive rights to broadcast all matches of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2013, from 16 June to 1 July 2013. Online viewers can also watch the matches live or on catch-up via Toggle, which is free for registered members.
After the FIFA World Cup, the FIFA Confederations Cup is one of the most important men’s football competitions in the world. The 15-day event brings together some of the strongest international teams in world football, representing 12 out of 19 FIFA World Cup titles, to play in Brazil, one year ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Each world confederation (AFC, CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, OFC and UEFA) will be represented by the winner of its confederational trophy such as Japan, Nigeria, Uruguay, Mexico, Tahiti. Joining them are Italy and Spain (Italy qualified as runner up at the Euro finals and champions Spain qualified as reigning FIFA World Cup winner), as well as the host nation, Brazil. Matches will take place in six of the twelve stadia that will host the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Mr Patrick Yong, Head, Strategic Marketing, MediaCorp said, “We are very happy to offer top-notch football action free to our viewers in full HD glory in the comfort of their homes, on computers and mobile devices. As Singapore’s national broadcaster, we will continue to acquire landmark sports content for Singapore audiences.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020