The report also found that on mobile, the top ten most popular languages are English, Spanish, Arabic, Korean, Indonesian, French, Portuguese, German, Turkish and Malay.
Razmig Hovaghimian, Viki’s CEO and co-founder, said the report helps to inform platform partners of viewer behavioural patterns. “We’re essentially mapping the content graph, where for the first time content owners can see, globally, who is watching, where, how and in what language. For example, we can see that short-form is performing best in Arabic and English, and a third of viewers in the Philippines prefer to watch TV and movies on mobile in English. These invaluable insights help our partners identify opportunities in key markets and make smarter programming decisions.”
Tammy Nam, Chief Marketing Officer of Viki, adds that the mobile video report included data collected from internal Viki analytics, Flurry and Google Analytics. “Through an analytics dashboard, select partners also gain valuable insight into how people are consuming their content from various countries, subtitle languages and platforms.”
Viki is a global TV site with TV shows, movies and other premium content, translated into more than 150 languages by a community of avid fans. With over 22 million viewers a month, 1.5 billion videos viewed and over 320 million words translated, Viki uniquely brings global prime-time entertainment to new audiences and unlocks new markets and revenue opportunities for content owners.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020