Pay-TV revenues in Asia Pacific will be US$12 billion higher in 2018 (US$43.9 billion total) than in 2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. It also estimates that pay-TV revenues (subscriptions and on-demand) will grow by US$2.1 billion in 2013 to US$33.9 billion.
Simon Murray, the author of the report, said, “China overtook Japan to become the most lucrative pay-TV market in 2012. Pay-TV revenues will more than double in five countries [Indonesia (tripling), Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam] between 2012 and 2018, but will fall in Hong Kong and South Korea.”
The Asia Pacific region is undergoing a rapid digital TV conversion that will see penetration increase by 440 million homes between 2012 and 2018 – of which, 128 million will come from DTT. The number of analogue terrestrial homes, however, will fall by 204 million.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020