ITV Studios’ “Poirot” star David Suchet to attend MIPTV
ITVS GE will celebrate the series’ Grand Finale by bringing David Suchet, who has played Hercule Poirot in all 13 series, to meet press and international broadcasters in Cannes. Based on crime writer Agatha Christie’s famous novels, Poirot already airs in territories including: the U.S. (WGBH), Australia (ABC), Brazil (Globosat), France (France Televisions), Italy (Mediaset), Japan (NHK) and Russia (TV Center). ITVS GE will announce pre-sales for the new series at MIPTV.
In this thirteenth and final series, David Suchet returns for the last five instalments as the world’s most famous fictional detective – Hercule Poirot. Continuing the legacy of the Agatha Christie collection, the new films – The Big Four, Dead Man’s Folly, Elephants Can Remember, The Labours of Hercules and Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case – see the well-loved detective travel from England to the Mediterranean unravelling mysteries in his own inimitable style, before returning to the scene of his first investigation in the final episode.
The Poirot stories are co-produced by ITV Studios and Agatha Christie Ltd, an Acorn Media Group company. Mammoth Screen’s Michele Buck, Damien Timmer and Karen Thrussell (Blandings, Parade’s End, Endeavour) executive produced Poirot on behalf of ITV Studios. Hilary Strong is executive producer for Agatha Christie Ltd. ITVS GE holds international distribution rights.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 71 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020